Surveying, Mapping and GIS

Exploring all aspects of mapping and geography, from field data collection, to mapping and analysis, to integration, applications development and enterprise architecture...

  • Geospatial Technology, End to End...

    Exploring all aspects of mapping and geography, from field data collection, to mapping and analysis, to integration, applications development, enterprise architecture and policy

Virtual Earth Version 3

Posted by Dave Smith On 5/29/2006 08:53:00 PM 0 comments

Whew! It's been a while since I last posted - between working myself ragged getting the house ready and working myself ragged at work, I haven't had much bandwidth to spare.

One of the things I'm excited about is playing with the release of Virtual Earth Version 3. One of the things I have been looking at is a set of technologies we are licensing, which provides a portable, self-contained hardware integration platform for a host of disparate types of sensors, from traffic monitoring to audio and video, weather, and CBRNE.

From there, it becomes a matter of rapidly bringing the sensor data into a mapping framework - hence my interest in tools like VE. I read with joy about the release on MapPoint B2B, and flipped to the MSDN VE Map Control documentation to see not only that the documentation has been improved since my last foray with VE, but also now presents better information on how to utilize VE for routing, and most exciting, how to render lines and polygons in VE.





Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Response for the " Virtual Earth Version 3 "

Search