Surveying, Mapping and GIS

Exploring all aspects of mapping and geography, from field data collection, to mapping and analysis, to integration, applications development and enterprise architecture...

  • Geospatial Technology, End to End...

    Exploring all aspects of mapping and geography, from field data collection, to mapping and analysis, to integration, applications development, enterprise architecture and policy

Technorati Tags

Posted by Dave Smith On 12/19/2005 09:41:00 PM 16 comments

The folks at Technorati have been working toward leveraging the blogging community through the use of tags and aggregation... After playing around a little trying to do the HTML these tags manually, I finally got fed up enough with the tedium to cook up my own little tool. What's more, I'm making it available for anyone else to use.

The app is a simple little .NET application, that on first use creates a little ASCII file, "tags.txt" that you can add your own favorite tag categories to... after adding your tags, press "generate" and it will generate your HTML for you. Additionally, you can add and remove tags using the tool, or if you prefer, import the tags into tags.txt using notepad or a suitable ASCII editor. The tags.txt file will be maintained sorted in alphabetic order, should you want to use other tools with it.

The screenshot to the right shows it in action...

You can download it at the link below... FREE, but remember where you found it...

License terms- I make this available for personal use, but reserve all rights beyond this. I'm no expert on licensing terms, I mainly ask that if you want to to modify or use this app outside of its intended use, drop me a line and we can discuss.

************************************************************

August 14, 2006 UPDATE: The terragrafix.net server has been
having some issues - I have uploaded a copy of the tool here:


http://www.synergist-tech.com/tools/TechnoratiTagger.zip

************************************************************






Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


16 Response for the " Technorati Tags "

  1. Anonymous says:

    How do I get the Technorati symbol on my blog at Blogger.com? I am enrolled in Technorati, but I noticed the symbol to link my blog to Technorati has not been added to my blog.

  2. Anonymous says:

    Thanks for making this tool!

    Looks really nice. Kudos :)

  3. Anonymous says:

    Is there an alternative download location? I keep getting "not found" errors at terragrafix....

  4. hh says:

    this is great. thanks.

  5. download does not work.
    could you just check the server? or post a different downloading location?
    thanks

  6. Yo tambien soy ingeniero tecnico en topografia como se dice en EspaƱa.
    Saludos, ya intentare traducir tu blog mas despacio.

  7. Anonymous says:

    Thank you so much for this great tool...

    ambatchdotcom seocontest

  8. Thank so much - merci beaucoup, David, it's a very mice tool and it works fine !

  9. nice tool... you should make the code available under gpl licensing or something like that. I was trying to run it under mono/linux... but I think mono windows forms still need some tuning.

  10. Anonymous says:

    Thanks, David... Nice tool... I notice that the text embeds your name and web site... That's cool. I assume it's okay if I delete that after the first tag used in any blog entry or elsewhere. Want to give you the credit, but don't want to keep repeating it when I use multiple tags...

  11. thanks for the tool. it's great

  12. Anonymous says:

    thanks for this nice little tool...

  13. Anonymous says:

    Great Idea, excelent.
    kenwahfu

  14. Anonymous says:

    Wow love it!! Used it for the first time today.

    Donations?

  15. Anonymous says:

    I've downloaded and extracted the file. but I can not open it. Why?

  16. Here is a great GIS Consulting/Contracting firm:

    Click here to view GIS Consulting Services

Search