- The House Bill, HR 1
- Summary of Spending
- Summary of Tax Cuts
- Congressional Budget Office report, 1/26/09
- Summaries of the bill posted on the speaker’s Web site.
- Proposed Amendments
- ASCE Report Card on US Infrastructure
- State-by-state Transporation Infrastructure breakdown
- New America Foundation Summary of Educational Needs
- Schools Spending Plan
- State-by-state breakdown of low-income programs by the Center for Budget and Policy Priorities
Question is, how do we intend to properly assess, triage and plan how and where best, geographically, to make these investments to provide maximal benefit without spatial data on a national level? How can these investments be expended without an adequately informed decisionmaking process?
This need points toward NSDI, the National Map and the related pieces that serve it, and a core need for geospatial data and analysis, which should be an integral part of any of these planning and investment processes, as well as embedding geo-enabled technologies within the investments themselves.