Surveying, Mapping and GIS

Exploring all aspects of mapping and geography, from field data collection, to mapping and analysis, to integration, applications development and enterprise architecture...

  • Geospatial Technology, End to End...

    Exploring all aspects of mapping and geography, from field data collection, to mapping and analysis, to integration, applications development, enterprise architecture and policy

Instant GPS-enabled Camera

Posted by Dave Smith On 12/10/2007 09:00:00 PM 2 comments

Came across this interesting hack for the HTC TyTn II / AT&T Tilt:

With a registry editor, open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\ - and in folder called P9, change the value "enabled"from 0 to 1.

And, voila:

You now have an additional option button to select GPS Camera, and now your lat/long will be grabbed automagically from the integrated GPS to be embedded in the photo's EXIF tag.

Now if only I can find a hack for the camera's lag...

2 Response for the " Instant GPS-enabled Camera "

  1. Bill says:

    Sadly, tomorrow I'm returning the TILT I got as a trial. I love the features that the phone has, especially the GPS - and would enable this hack if I was keeping it. But AT&T's network leaves alot to be desired here in L.A., I'm stuck with Verizon & their lame phones. The XV6800 looks & feels like a cheap kids toy compared to the TILT. I will have to live thru you Dave (LOL), keep the posts coming.

  2. This is exactly what I was looking for. With a little help from my computer literate girlfriend I was able to download a registry editor for WM and get that registry value changed. Voila! GPS Photo mode shows up as an option on my camera. I have been all over the internet looking for a sure fire way to geotag my photos and there it was in my registry files. Thanks for posting this!

Search