Surveying, Mapping and GIS

Exploring all aspects of mapping and geography, from field data collection, to mapping and analysis, to integration, applications development and enterprise architecture...

  • Geospatial Technology, End to End...

    Exploring all aspects of mapping and geography, from field data collection, to mapping and analysis, to integration, applications development, enterprise architecture and policy

Bob Plumb is out of plumb...

Posted by Dave Smith On 12/23/2005 10:57:00 AM 1 comments

Popular surveying site Bob Plumb (http://www.bobplumb.com) says good bye... hopefully just for the moment. My understanding is that the founders have been tied up with other things, and at one point were negotiating with other parties for taking over stewardship of the site.

Apparently the wires have been crossed and at this point the domain has lapsed, and the fate and future of Bob Plumb is unknown.



Technorati tags:
, , , , , ,

Categories:

1 Response for the " Bob Plumb is out of plumb... "

  1. Just an FYI:
    Bob Plumb, Inc. will be dissolved within the next few days due to irreconcilable differences among the three owners. Unless there are other circumstances that I am not aware of, there is no intention of any of the three original owners to continue on with a website relating to Bob Plumb. I can say that I personally will not be involved with any future Bob Plumb ventures.

    I cannot speak for the other two, but I do not believe there are any plans for reviving Bob or his website. However, I have thought about starting a surveying-related site, but it would be from a different aspect and would include tools for property owners, real estate agents, and other related industries. The intent would be to educate the general non-surveyor public with help from actual surveyors. But time is an issue, so it may take me awhile to put something together and make it all happen.

    Lastly, I'd like to say thank you to all the loyal users for supporting Bob and his website -- it was fun and a pleasure learning more about my fellow surveyors. I definitely made alot of new friends and I am grateful for that.

    Wendell T. Harness, PLS
    Former President and Webmaster of Bob Plumb, Inc.

Search