Surveying, Mapping and GIS

Exploring all aspects of mapping and geography, from field data collection, to mapping and analysis, to integration, applications development and enterprise architecture...

  • Geospatial Technology, End to End...

    Exploring all aspects of mapping and geography, from field data collection, to mapping and analysis, to integration, applications development, enterprise architecture and policy

Cameroon GIS Data - and the benefits of technology

Posted by Dave Smith On 3/18/2007 11:12:00 AM 1 comments

I have gotten a few good responses regarding Cameroon GIS data for the Engineers Without Borders project thus far. Things like this make me consider how fortunate we are -

Here in the US, there are quite a few excellent datasets, rich with attributes, and with excellent positional accuracy.

Satellite technology and other approaches have made it much easier to get data for rural areas and those without the economic support for GIS that we enjoy here.

I can't imagine getting this far, this quickly trying to do any of this 10 or 15 years ago...

So far, I have obtained SRTM tiles with elevation data and quite a few other datasets, for protected areas, land use/land cover and other information... This is starting to come together. But please keep the suggestions and data coming...

1 Response for the " Cameroon GIS Data - and the benefits of technology "

  1. Hi, any success? I am currently looking for gis data on Cameroon as well. I am working on a project for my GIS course in uni, and just cant find what I need (DEM, land use, percipitation etc.).
    It´s been a while since you were in the same stage as me. Any suggestions? :)

    lula

Search