Surveying, Mapping and GIS

Exploring all aspects of mapping and geography, from field data collection, to mapping and analysis, to integration, applications development and enterprise architecture...

  • Geospatial Technology, End to End...

    Exploring all aspects of mapping and geography, from field data collection, to mapping and analysis, to integration, applications development, enterprise architecture and policy

GIS TechnoGeekdom

Posted by Dave Smith On 6/15/2007 08:41:00 PM 2 comments

I have to admit, I think I'm getting a bit too much of my royal GIS geek on...



Yes, that actually is ArcPad, loaded up with base maps for San Diego, and I created a few extra layers, with trolley routes, BatchGeocoded places of interest, and plenty of other goodies in advance of the ESRI UC, and I'll be tooling around with bluetooth GPS to boot... As usual, I'll be loaded, downloaded, wired, WiFi'd, bluetoothed, GPS'ed, web 2.0'd, AJAXed, geo-enabled, deepfried and sanctified...

2 Response for the " GIS TechnoGeekdom "

  1. Dear my surveyor friend,

    Glad to see your blog. Have you get your license?

    So, you also invloved one of the gis project in KL?

    Best regards
    lai
    http://melaka.blogspot.com

  2. Hi, Lai...

    Yes, I wear a lot of hats, I am a licensed land surveyor, and am heavily engaged in GIS applications development work for environmental resources and environmental science at the moment.

    I did some GIS work for Kuala Lumpur way back in the late 1980s for college, it was feasibility studies, requirements analyses and so on for Kuala Lumpur's Master Plan Department (Chiam Soon Hock).

    Your "Melaka" site is a bit spammy, but I greatly enjoyed the surveying site you put up here: http://melakasurveyor.blogspot.com/. Great to hear from you, and keep up the great work. I will add your melakasurveyor site to my RSS feeds.

Search